The Gulaga Creation Tour is a 40 hour experience that starts on the evening of day one, and ends mid-morning on day three. Gulaga Mountain and many parts of the Narooma region have held sacred significance for the Yuin Aboriginal community for tens of thousands of years yet the stories are not widely known. The traditional custodians of Yuin country - Ngaran Ngaran Culture Awareness invite you to come, walk and listen to a sacred dreaming of creation that Gulaga holds, and enable you to experience firsthand ceremony and dreaming stories that have been passed down.
- Traditional welcome and dinner
- Sunrise beach ceremony and breakfast
- Guided Gulaga Mountain tour including lunch
- Indigenous flavoured dinner and yarning circle
- Farewell beach ceremony and breakfast
- Two night’s accommodation at Narooma Region (shared or private)
- A team of guides from NNCA offering insights, knowledge, and Dreamtime stories for the duration of the experience.
- Participate and witness traditional Aboriginal ceremony, dance, yidaki (didgeridoo), and yarning circles
- Meet, talk with and learn from knowledgeable Aboriginal guides
- Walk and experience Gulaga Mountain from an ancient cultural way of knowing
- Learn about the Yuin peoples creation story and the Aboriginal Dreamtime, history and culture
- Be part of a life-shifting unearthing traditional Aboriginal immersive experience
Tours operate from October through to May and start Friday at 7pm and finish on Sunday at 11am.
Please see website for tour departure dates
Exclusive group bookings are available on request.
Comfortable walking shoes, a backpack, sunscreen, hat and water bottle. If wet weather is predicted, it is recommended to pack wet weather gear and a change of light warm clothes for the day walk. A reasonable amount of fitness will be required to undertake the walk.
Narooma and the neighbouring Tilba region is located just over 4.5 hours drive south of Sydney, 3 hours drive east of Canberra and 8 hours drive north east of Melbourne.
Airport Transfers are available for additional cost from Moruya Sydney and Canberra airports.
Per person AUD including GST - Prices are valid from 01 April 2017-31 March 2019
Adult: $605.00 (16 years and over)
Child: $220.00 (5 years up 16 years)
Child: Under 5 years free of charge when accompanied by an adult.
Note: Terms and Conditions apply and will be provided upon booking enquiry